Tuesday, April 8, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Illusion by Ashley Beale

Illusion
**I RECEIVED THIS NOVEL AS AN ARC IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Let me preface this by saying this review will be spoiler-free for those who have not read it.

Where to begin? I'll admit, it took my QUITE a few chapters to get into the novel. Just coming off my own personal '31 Days of Christmas' book challenge, I wasn't ready to such a 'heavy' read as Illusion.

I'd say about 40% through the book is when I started really getting into the book, and at about 50% is when it hit me how predictable the plot was going... not to say that predictability is a bad thing. What got me was how Ashley covered the hindsight 'obvious clues' so well, you don't realize she's giving you clues. The old adage 'Right under your nose' fits well here.

I do have to say that I didn't expect the HEA to be with who it was, but I was pleased nonetheless. I do hope that there will be another installment of Zoey and Brice, because I would like to know what happens with these two.

I could feel how Zoey felt through the book, with her thoughts and own self-reflections, since I have felt the same way LOTS of times during my life. I know how it feels to have Zoey's beliefs about getting too close to people & what happens when you do.

My favorite part of the book... wasn't even in the story at all. Ashley speaks directly to the reader at the end of the novel, urging them to get help if they are going through the topics the novel discussed. I found that to be touching, and it shows Ashley honestly cares about her readers and wants to make sure they are okay.

I give this 5 out of 5 stars, and would HIGHLY recommend this book.


FINAL VERDICT
Very enjoyable book, but may be trigger-y for those dealing with PTSD and/or losing loved ones.
STARS: 5/5
WOULD RECOMMEND: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment