Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Review - PHENOMENAL X

PHENOMENAL X

**I RECEIVED THIS NOVEL AS AN ARC IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Have you ever read a book SO intense, so fierce that when you finish it, you stare at your Kindle and think, 'What do I do with my life now?'

PHENOMENAL X was the first book I've ever experienced this with.

I am a wrestling fan you can pretty much say by birth... 32 years and counting. So I was elated to get my hands on this book. 

I just never expected to fall as hard as I did for the book and the characters.

In PHENOMENAL X, we meet Anna Cortez, good-girl-tired-of-Daddy's-thumb, who is running away from the only life she has ever known. On a flight to Detroit, she meets Xavier Cold, one of the hottest wrestling stars in the world...

Except she doesn't have the foggiest idea who he is.

Xavier Cold is the wrestling world's 'Bad Boy' -- Commanding, intimidating, fearless. But, you can see, underneath the exterior he shows the world, he has a heart of gold.

Michelle nailed the little nuances of being a wrestling star PERFECTLY. The constant fighting to stay 'on top,' the friendships behind the scenes, the betrayals and lies to usurp one another for the coveted spot.

I did love how she painted Deena as the typical 'ring rat...' using her assets to get what she wanted. For those that DO watch wrestling, to me, Deena came off an one of The Bella Twins... more Nikki than Brie. Rex came off as the A$$hole of the company... the cutthroat bastard who will stop at nothing to get his way. He also came off very slimy and a typical womanizer. For some reason, I was picturing Batista with The Miz's persona as Rex.

Xavier's 'inspiration' is no secret if you watch wrestling... Roman Reigns. So, it cracked me up when Xavier's best friend was named 'Brian Rollins.'

As I said before, I fell in complete and total LOVE with this book. I was rooting for Anna to make that breakthrough with Xavier over his past, only to get pissed off when Xavier slammed the door on it.

When Xavier would have a flashback, I wanted to pull him into my arms and hold onto him tightly, running my hand over his hair until the nightmare subsided.

Only negative thing I have to say about the book is how Michelle ended it... I know there will be a 2nd book to the series (or at least there better be!!!), but to end with Xavier getting into some SERIOUS hot water made me sad and angry.

If you are going to buy just ONE book this year, you HAVE to make it PHENOMENAL X. You will NOT be sorry.

PHENOMENAL X is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble & Kobo... Sorry, Itunes folks, You're not going to get this book in iTunes/iBooks format!

FINAL VERDICT
GET THIS BOOK NOW! YOU WILL NOT BE A BIT DISAPPOINTED!!
STARS: 5/5
WOULD RECOMMEND: Yes, absolutely... can't recommend it enough!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment