Wednesday, October 15, 2014

PROMO -- The Arrangement

The Arrangement

ABOUT THE SEDUCTION

Revenge is a dish best not served …

Zach Anders swears to get revenge on Sean Ferro for hurting his sister. The best way to accomplish his goal? Hurt someone close to him in return.

No one can get near Ferro’s on again - off again fiancée - so Zach sets his sights on the next best thing, the woman Sean considers family, the girl who grew up next door, Chloe Reynolds. The plan seems simple -- get close, find her weak spot, exploit it and walk away.

Then Zach meets Chloe and he falls hard. And fast. How can he use her for revenge when he wants to keep her for himself?


Add it to your Goodreads list here!
Buy it from KindleWorlds here!
Find out more about Lauren Hawkeye’s THE CHASE and Krista Lakes’ THE ARRANGEMENT: MISS BLACK!

EXCERPT
“From the minute I saw you, you affected me. In here.” He points to his chest. “Inside. You’re fucking gorgeous, for one thing, you have a smile for everyone no matter how tired you are when you work, and I wanted to get to know you better.”
“But you stayed away.”
“Because you deserve better than me,” he says, his tone deadly serious. “I’m not a nice guy.”
“You could have fooled me.”
“You bring out the best in me.” He grins, but I sense a glimmer of truth in his words.
Zach Anders is not what he seems. On the outside, he’s a big, hulking hot guy. When he wants to be nice and take care of me, he’s shown me in less than twenty-four hours, he can. And will. But I saw the dark side of him unleashed last night. There were other ways to have handled my attacker, but once Zach had gotten started, a switch had flipped, and there’d been no turning it off.
I glance at his hand for the first time. His knuckles are red, bruised, and raw. A reminder of the darkness I’d been pretending didn’t exist.
I glance at him and see he’s waiting for a reply. I don’t have one ready. “What do I owe you for the tires?” I ask instead.
Because if I know one thing, it’s that my car’s tires are expensive. I can’t cover them with what I earn in a week at The Tavern. Which means I’m back to asking Sean for a favor — this time, money. Clearly, keeping the car wasn’t such a bright idea. If I wanted independence, I was going to have to get rid of the luxuries my parents still provided.
“You don’t owe me a thing. I wanted to help and I did.”
I run my tongue along my lips. A mistake, I realize immediately, as Zach’s gaze zeroes in on the action.
“I’ll pay you back,” I say.
His eyes narrow. “You can try.”
I’m not in the mood for an argument. These last few minutes, added to last night’s events, drained me. I wipe my mouth with the napkin. “I think I’ll take that ride to my car.” I want to go home and catch a nap in my own bed, assuming the roommate from hell isn’t around. Then I’ll head to the library.
“Sure thing.” He signals for a check.
I try to pay, and he shuts me down flat. “What kind of guy lets a woman he invites to breakfast pay her own way?”
“Thank you.” Even as I speak, I wonder. Is he being nice because he genuinely likes me and wants to get to know me better? Or does he want something more? Clearly, he wants me. He wants sex. And when I look at him, so do I. He’s hot, he’s been great to me, and he’s hot. Yes, it’s worth mentioning twice.
But to men, sex is easy. To women, at least to me anyway, sex comes with a price tag. It affects my emotions. I have to have feelings for someone I sleep with, and asshole ex was my first. Clearly, he betrayed me in ways I still haven’t come to terms with. Because I’m looking at Zach and wondering if he, too, has an ulterior motive.
It doesn’t help that Sean’s words ring in my ears. Men don’t do surprise favors like that for women if they don’t want something in return. And as decent as he is to me, Sean Ferro isn’t always a nice guy to the outside world. He knows what he’s talking about.
Zach Anders is still an unknown. If he wants me, he’s going to have to work to get me. I won’t let a man fool me again.


ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pace at a better price. Her Serendipity books will still finish up in January/February 2014 via Berkley as planned. Carly lives in Purchase, NY with her family, two nearly adult daughters and two crazy dogs who star on her Facebook Fan Page and website. She's a writer, a knitter of sorts, a wife, and a mom. In addition, she's a Twitter and Internet junkie and is always around to interact with her readers.

Links:
Website: http://www.carlyphillips.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarlyPhillipsFanPage
Twitter: https://twitter.com/carlyphillips
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/10000.Carly_Phillips
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Carly-Phillips/e/B001I9W0MS
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/carlyphillips

No comments:

Post a Comment