Sunday, April 26, 2015

REVIEW -- ROMANCE: She Loved Him Since Day 1 of Looking into His Eyes

ROMANCE: She Loved Him Since Day 1 of Looking into His Eyes

SYNOPSIS
Thomas and Kristen meet at a beach and start a relationship. Quickie read.
Usually, I include the book description on my reviews, But Amazon's book description was actually the opening part of the book.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure what I read here. It seemed like this book was just an outline of a book idea, with the 'parts' being key points to hit on in the plot.

It starts with Thomas breaking up with his girlfriend, because his mother is ill and the girlfriend doesn't get this, to rescuing Kristen's little brother from the ocean.  The next day, Thomas and Kristen just HAPPEN to meet at a record store and trade emails, all the while not knowing each other's names. Kristen is initially mad at this, but after Thomas writes to her, she's INSTANTLY not mad anymore. The FOLLOWING day, Kristen goes for a jog, gets 'ambushed' by Thomas and they have sex against a tree along the jogging trail, which is when they learn each other's names. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage and the expected HEA.

Let's get real here... I don't know anyone, besides promiscuous people, that doesn't know their partner's name before having sex with them. Usually the first thing that is said when people meet are their names. I find it hard to believe that Kristen didn't see Thomas' name on his email.

The sex scenes are pretty much non-existent and way too clinical for a romance book. If the author was nervous about writing profanity, use a non-medical term, like juices or release. Seeing a medical term like semen in a romance/erotica book just soured the whole thing.

What annoyed me the most about this book are the tags the author used... BWWM, BBW , Paranormal Romance. I am an avid reader of Paranormal Romances and BBW books. These tags are HIGHLY misleading. First off, there was NO direct mention or even reference to Kristen being black. The only defining description of Kristen we actually got was mention of her long blonde hair. Going along with that, There was nothing written that Kristen was a BBW. I'm NOT saying bigger girls don't jog; but given how physically active the author made Kristen seem, I'm pretty sure she was not a BBW. Thirdly, when an author uses the tag 'Paranormal, I think vampires, witches/warlocks, aliens, shifters... at the VERY least, zombies. I didn't read ANY mention that Thomas had one of these qualities. It annoys me, because I purchase books based on their tags and I was misled here.

I have other books by the same author on my Kindle. I hope they have more substance to them.

This book is available on Amazon for $2.99.

FINAL THOUGHTS
If the author has expanded the story more, it probably would have been better. But this just fell flat.
STARS: 2/5
WOULD RECOMMEND: No.

No comments:

Post a Comment